Indice del forum

Il Forum Universale

Forum con tutte le soluzioni "reali" ricercate sulla: salute, benessere, filosofia, amore, Astronomia, occulto, magie, miracoli, Religioni, arte, scoperte, cucina; informatica, lavoro, scuola, giochi, TV, sport, motori, musica, umorismo, annunci, lotterie

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

" The success of Hendricks striking -
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Cucina, giardinaggio e agricoltura
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
hfy962464

italy
MessaggioInviato: Lun Ago 13, 2018 7:58 am    Oggetto:  " The success of Hendricks striking -
Descrizione:

CARSON, Calif.
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
. -- Landon Donovan broke the Major League Soccer goal record Sunday night, scoring his 135th and 136th regular-season goals in the Los Angeles Galaxys 4-1 victory over the Philadelphia Union. Playing for the first time since being cut from the U.S. World Cup team, Donovan broke a tie with Jeff Cunningham in the 49th minute with his first goal of the season, then added another in the 81st. Donovan also holds the MLS playoff record with 22 goals. Donovan scored his first goal on a counterattack, passing to Robbie Keane, who took the ball into the Union box and fed Donovan at the left post for an easy finish. After making it 4-0 in the 81st, Donovan was replaced by Brazilian forward Samuel a minute later, departing to a standing ovation from the crowd of 21,010. "Its been a long week," Donovan said. "Its hard not to make it about me, and I dont necessarily want it to be that way. But Ive sacrificed a lot to be in the position Im in and I was very happy for myself because Ive dedicated a lot to this. I think I deserved what happened today." Donovan, also the U.S. national team goals leader with 57 in 156 games, has played 311 regular-season games in 15 MLS seasons. The Jamaican-born Cunningham, a former U.S. national team player, played in 365 games over 14 seasons with Columbus, Colorado, Real Salt Lake, Toronto FC and FC Dallas. He last played in MLS in 2011. Donovan said he wasnt looking to make a statement after coach Jurgen Klinsmanns decision not to include him in the group headed to Brazil. "This is my job and this is what I get paid to do, so my teammates depend on me and I think Ive played well this year, but I needed to contribute on the scoreboard, and that felt good," said Donovan, who was making his eighth appearance of the season. "Obviously, a lot of relief in some ways, a lot of joy, but I feel like Im in really good form right now, and I really feel good about how I played, and this is a continuation of how Ive played over the last few months." Donovan is No. 2 on the leagues career assists list with 120, including one on Leonardos second-minute header Sunday. Steve Ralston, a Houston Dynamo assistant coach who retired in 2010, has the record with 135. That was the first goal for Los Angeles, with Donovan delivering a free kick for Leonardo to finish. Keane scored a third in the 64th minute after a turnover by Union defender Sheanon Williams. Los Angeles (4-3-3) won consecutive games for the second time this season. Philadelphia (2-7-5), which welcomed back midfielder Maurice Edu -- also one of seven players trimmed from the 30-man World Cup preliminary roster -- lost its second game in a row and fifth in the last six outings. The Union have won just once in their last dozen games. Edu scored in the 88th minute, converting a penalty kick after Raul Mendiola fouled Zach Pfeffer.
. So heres what I do when I want to get into the baseball mood—I delve into "The Baseball Project".
. The shortstop still grieves, but it will be nights like the one Segura had in a 5-2 victory Monday over the Cincinnati Reds that will provide some distraction.
. -- Josh Smith made a 3-pointer as time expired and finished with 20 points to lift the Detroit Pistons to a 99-98 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday night in both teams exhibition finale.TORONTO -- Welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre says he has been obsessed by challenger Johny (Bigg Rigg) Hendricks ahead of their UFC 167 showdown. Hendricks not so much. "I dont go that route, because heres the thing: I cant do nothing about it today," Hendricks told The Canadian Press. "I cant do nothing about it tomorrow. The only time I have to do something about it is Nov. 16." Thats when the No. 1 challenger takes on St. Pierre at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. For Hendricks, theres nothing personal against the Canadian. Its business and his stock is on the rise. "Im not going to say nothing bad about him," said Hendricks. "I just think its time for my turn to be the new champ." St-Pierre (24-2) is listed as slightly more than a 2-1 favourite, more competitive odds than in most of the 32-year-old Montrealers title defences. GSP is currently riding an 11-fight win streak. But Hendricks (15-1) has one-punch knockout power backed up by NCAA championship-calibre wrestling. Hendricks divides his fight training into three parts: the actual fight camp, weight-cutting and then "the enjoyment, the fight." "The fight is the fun part," he said. The enjoyment has been short-lived for his opponents. Jon Fitch lasted 12 seconds. Amir Saollah exited after 29 seconds. Charlie Brenneman survived for 40 seconds. Martin (The Hitman) Kampmann lasted 46. T.J. Waldburger was stopped in 1:35. While the 30-year-old Hendricks has made his marks in the cage with his fists, he entered the sport as a stud wrestler. He was a four-time all-American and two-time NCAA champion at Oklahoma State where he went 103-12. "Thats what my father bred me for," he said of his wrestling success. "Thats what he prepared me for." After his collegiate wrestling career finished in 2006, Hendricks turned to MMA. About three months into his training, he discovered he was good at hitting people. But the technique wasnt there. "My striking was good, my power was good. I just didnt know the accuracy. Accuracy is everything." Hitting with maximum power is just a matter of connecting. But he soon learned that you can knock someone out with less power, providing the accuracy is there. And that effectively extends the threat of his fists. "If I can knoock you out at 80 per cent (power), then all of a sudden the skys the limit," he explained.
. "If I can do it at 80 per cent and be very active with it, it just means less power to use and the longer I can maintain my output." The success of Hendricks striking -- and the often short fights that ensue -- has meant he has not had to use his wrestling skills much. But he landed 12-of-15 takedown attempts against Carlos Condit last time out at UFC 158, blunting Condits kickboxing arsenal. Condit connected on just 42-of-145 significant strikes while Hendricks was good on 30 of 71. Hendricks expects St-Pierre to try to do what he did against Josh Koscheck, another acclaimed collegiate wrestler with power, at UFC 124 -- hurt him with a jab and then take him down. "Hes going to jab. And then hes going to jab. Then hes going to do some more jabbing," said Hendricks, an Oklahoma native who now makes his home in the Dallas area. "And then hes going to try to get me off balance, for sure. I think thats his main game plan. And to try to take me down as much as possible. Thats what Im preparing for." St-Pierre leads the UFC in significant strikes landed (1,153), takedowns (84), takedown accuracy (75 per cent) and ranks fourth in significant strike defence (75.1 per cent) and seventh in takedown defence (88.0 per cent), according to FightMetric. In comparison, Hendricks converts 50 per cent of his takedown attempts, stops 63 per cent of his opponents takedowns and has a significant strike defence rate of 58 per cent. St-Pierre is thought by many to possess the best MMA wrestling in the sport and Hendricks acknowledges the champion has adapted his wrestling skills to the fight world. "Watch how he hits his jab," Hendricks said. "Hell actually lean into it, four to five inches when he throws his jabs. He leans in hard, boom, boom. And whenever he does that, hell take half a step back and whenever he takes that half-step back, people miss. And whenever they miss, they start lunging in. When they start lunging in, hes got the eyes and the timing to take them off of it. "Thats what GSP has done very well." Hendricks has never been taken down more than twice in a UFC fight. St-Pierre has only been taken down twice in his last 10 UFC fights, by Koscheck.
' ' '
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: Lun Ago 13, 2018 7:58 am    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Cucina, giardinaggio e agricoltura Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ore
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: